We acknowledge the varied challenges facing our craft communities during the COVID-19 crisis and created these resource pages to help you stay informed, get connected, and remain resilient.
Financial resources for makers
An aggregated list of free resources, opportunities, and financial relief options available to artists of all disciplines.
- Artist Relief: $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19
- CERF+: "COVID-19: CARES Act and Steps You Can Take"
- The Makers Collective: Help for Makers
Nonprofit and educational impact
A closer look at the effect of COVID-19 on craft-related nonprofits, schools, libraries, museums, and more – with ways to take action.
- Mid-America Arts Alliance: "Navigating the CARES Act from an Arts Perspective"
- International Council on Archives: "Archives are Accessible – Search the Map!"
- Morris Hargreaves McIntyre: global Slack channel for organizations to share info on adapting audience engagement
Stay informed and prepared
Information on the crisis and how it is affecting our communities as it unfolds, from multiple perspectives.
- The Big Idea: "How Festivals Can Adapt"
- Harvard Business Review: "Coronavirus Is a Wake-Up Call for Supply Chain Management"
- Hyperallergic: Daily report on how COVID-19 is affecting the art world
Connect, share, and advocate
Ways we can band together and make a difference in the face of adversity. Our collective voice counts.
- Art Is Alive: Connecting Fans to Artists in a Stay-at-Home Climate
- History Craft: 2020 Global Pandemic Oral History Project
- The Social Distancing Festival
Are craft resources like these important to you?
Craft plays a special role in connecting us during a time of social distancing. Our work is possible thanks to the backing of a community of people who feel the same. Please consider making a donation or supporting our organization through membership. Your gift will help our team continue to do the work of supporting artists and championing craft.