Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
In accordance with our inclusion and equity statement, the American Craft Council (ACC) is dedicated to providing a safe and welcoming experience for everyone. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form.
This Code of Conduct applies to all ACC spaces, including, but not limited to, ACC’s online community platforms and programs, online and in-person events including American Craft Made marketplaces, ACC Library, and social media. Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of ACC.
Some ACC spaces may have additional rules that will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Discriminatory actions or offensive comments related to race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of identity
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including but not limited to those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering or use of “dead” or rejected names
- Threats or incitement of violence toward any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Bullying behavior or deliberate intimidation
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Inappropriate or vulgar language
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Deliberate misuse of shared contact information for purposes other than the purpose for which the information was shared
- Harassing behaviors, including but not limited to:
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact without consent or after a request to stop
- Continued and repeated requests for contact information after initial denial
- Sexual and/or discriminatory images in public spaces (including online)
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting or assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Repeated communication without a response
If you experience or notice that someone else is experiencing any prohibited conduct, including harassment or discrimination, in an ACC space, or if you have any other concerns, please contact ACC.
Direct reports can be made by emailing ACC, by contacting an ACC staff member if on-site, or by submitting the form below.
Anonymous reports can be submitted via the form below as well. While ACC will not be able to follow up with you directly in this case, we will fully investigate all reports and take action to prevent a recurrence.
Participants asked to stop any behavior that violates this ACC Code of Conduct are expected to comply immediately.
If any participant violates this Code of Conduct as interpreted by ACC, ACC may take any action it deems appropriate, up to and including expelling the participant from all ACC spaces without refund.
ACC values your presence and constructive participation in our shared community. Thank you for your attention to the comfort, safety, and well-being of fellow ACC collaborators and attendees.
Updated: May 13, 2022