COVID-19: Financial Resources for Makers
COVID-19: Financial Resources for Makers
Last updated July 16, 2020. Please check back, as we will continue to add resources to this page. Listings organized alphabetically.
Understanding the CARES Act
- Center for Cultural Innovation: "3 Ways to Protect Your Art Business NOW"
- CERF+: "COVID-19: CARES Act and Steps You Can Take"
- Fast Company: "The COVID-19 economy is devastating for creative workers. Here’s how to navigate it."
- Tax Foundation: "FAQ on Federal Coronavirus Relief Law (CARES Act)"
- U.S. Department of Labor: "Unemployment Insurance Relief During COVID-19 Outbreak"
Emergency grant opportunities applicable to craft artists
- Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation Emergency Grant
- Alliance of Artists Communities: Emergency funds for individual artists accepted into AAC Member residency programs
- Artist Relief: $5,000 grants to artists facing dire financial emergencies due to COVID-19
- Artists’ Charitable Fund
- Artists Fellowship Financial Aid
- Center for Craft: Craft Futures Fund
- CERF+ The Artists Safety Net
- CERF+ COVID-19 Relief Grant
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- The Haven Foundation
- Hyperallergic: "NEH Announces COVID-19 Relief Grants Using Stimulus Funds"
- Max’s Kansas City Project Emergency Grants
- Pollock-Krasner Foundation Grant
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
- Save Small Business Fund
- Sustainable Arts Foundation
- TILA Studios: #Above4 Fund
Regional grant and financial resources
- California: Artists' Benevolence Fund – Laguna Beach
- California: KQED Emergency Funds for Freelancers, Creatives Losing Income During Coronavirus
- Chicago: Chicago Artists Relief Fund
- Chicago: For the People Artists of Color Emergency Grants
- Massachusetts: Boston Artist Relief Fund
- Minnesota: Hennepin County Economic Development Small Business Relief Program
- Minnesota: Springboard for the Arts Personal Emergency Relief Fund
- New York: Mayer Foundation
- North Carolina: Arts Greensboro
- North Carolina: NC Artist Relief Fund
- Pennsylvania: Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council
- Tri-State Area:"A New Emergency Grant Benefits Non-Salaried Art Workers in NY, NJ, and CT"
- Washington: COVID-19 Artist Trust Relief Fund
- West Virginia: Tamarack Foundation for the Arts Emergency Relief
General support for artists around COVID-19
- 92Y: "A Conversation About Stress and Mental Health in the Time of COVID-19"
- Annuity.org: "A Guide to COVID-19 and Your Finances: What You Need to Know"
- The Art Monastery Project: Online Meditation Classes & Sitting Groups
- Artist Power Center
- Artnet: "11 Acclaimed Artists Offer Strategies for Getting the Most Out of Working From Home, Whether From Your Studio or Bedroom Office"
- Artwork Archive: "5 Ways to Sell Your Art Online While Social Distancing"
- Artwork Archive: "7 Email Templates Artists Can Use During Coronavirus"
- Artwork Archive: "8 Ways Artists Can Handle Stress During Stressful Times"
- Artwork Archive: "Digital Tools for Artists to Run a Remote Career During Coronavirus"
- Artwork Archive: "How to Showcase Your Art Collection Online During the COVID-19 Shutdown"
- Artwork Archive: "Instagram Strategies for Artists During COVID-19"
- Artwork Archive: "Meditations to Ease the Artist’s Mind"
- Artwork Archive: "Rallying Together: Resources to Support Artists During COVID-19"
- Artwork Archive: "Strategies for Running an Art Business During COVID-19"
- Artwork Archive: "Tools to Run Your Art Business Online"
- Best Accounting Software: "US States’ Small Business Support Amid the Coronavirus Pandemic"
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: "Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)"
- COVID-19 & Freelance Artists
- Craft Scotland: "A Maker's Guide to Coronavirus (COVID-19)"
- Crafts Council: "How to Livestream Your Craft"
- Creative Capital: Coping with COVID Online Workshops
- Creative Capital: "List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak"
- Creative Mornings: "11 Creative Ways to Make Money Online with Marian Bacol-Uba"
- Creative Mornings: "How to Navigate Your Creative Business Through Uncharted Territory"
- Design for America: "Remote Collaborating Resources"
- Faire: COVID-19 impact calculator for retailers
- Forbes: "How Top Designers Are Keeping Peak Creativity While Working From Home — And How You Can Too."
- Forbes: "Six Sources Of Crucial COVID-19 Support For Small Businesses"
- Laura Sweeney: Template for a COVID-19 lost earnings log
- The Makers Collective: Help for Makers
- Medium: "Dear Non-Profits, Small Businesses, Artists, Freelancers, Gig Workers, Self-Employers, Part-Timers, and Solo Shop Warriors Wondering What’s Next: This Money is For You. Please Take It."
- National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response
- New England Foundation for the Arts: "COVID-19"
- Shine: Free Meditations
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: "How to Get a Coronavirus Emergency Paycheck Protection Loan"
- U.S. Small Business Administration: "Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources"