Resources for makers during COVID-19
We know the national effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 is having a very real effect on our artists' businesses. That's why we've compiled this list of resources for makers during this time of social distancing.
Last updated March 19, 2020. Please check back, as we will continue to add resources to this page. Listings organized alphabetically.
Emergency grant opportunities applicable to craft artists
- Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Foundation Emergency Grant
- Alliance of Artists Communities: Emergency funds for individual artists accepted into AAC Member residency programs
- Artists’ Charitable Fund
- Artists Fellowship Financial Aid
- CERF+ The Artists Safety Net
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- The Haven Foundation
- Max’s Kansas City Project Emergency Grants
- Rauschenberg Emergency Grants
- Sustainable Arts Foundation
Regional grant and financial resources
- California: Artists' Benevolence Fund – Laguna Beach
- California: KQED Emergency Funds for Freelancers, Creatives Losing Income During Coronavirus
- Chicago: Chicago Artists Relief Fund
- Chicago: For the People Artists of Color Emergency Grants
- Massachusetts: Boston Artist Relief Fund
- Minnesota: Springboard for the Arts Personal Emergency Relief Fund
- New York: Mayer Foundation
- North Carolina: Arts Greensboro
- North Carolina: NC Artist Relief Fund
- West Virginia: Tamarack Foundation for the Arts Emergency Relief
General support and activism around COVID-19
- Alliance of Artist Communities: “COVID-19 Preparedness for Residencies”
- Americans for the Arts: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource and Response Center
- Artwork Archive: "Digital Tools for Artists to Run a Remote Career During Coronavirus"
- Artwork Archive: "How to Support Artists and the Arts During COVID-19"
- Coalition of Nonprofit and Union Partners: Minnesota COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19 & Freelance Artists
- Creative Capital: "List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak"
- Hyperallergic: Daily report on how COVID-19 is affecting the art world
- National Coalition for Arts Preparedness and Emergency Response
- New England Foundation for the Arts: "COVID-19"
Know of another resource?
Please email craft-specific resources to ACC marketing communications manager Peter Tolly at [email protected].