The American Craft Council Library & Archives maintains a comprehensive collection of print and visual materials on American craft. While focused on modern craft dating from 1940 to today, the collection also supports research in the related fields of design and applied and decorative arts.
Visitors have access to:
- More than 20,000 books and exhibition catalogues
- More than 150 current subscriptions and 700 bound volumes of leading periodicals and newsletters
- More than 3,000 files on individual artists containing unique photographs, slides, correspondence, and other ephemera
- Council archives (1941–present), including those of the Museum of Contemporary Crafts/American Craft Museum (1956–1990)
- Archives of the World Crafts Council (1964–present)
- Archives of the Craft Students League of New York (1932–2005)
Plan Your Visit
The ACC Library is open to the public for on-site visits by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment with the librarian, Beth Goodrich, by phone at 612-206-3118, or by email at [email protected]. The librarian also provides remote reference services by phone, email, or through the chat feature on the library web pages.
While not required, ACC strongly encourages the wearing of masks by library visitors when recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Visit the CDC's COVID-19 by County webpage for the latest information. If you are feeling unwell on the day of your scheduled visit, please reschedule in order to protect staff and other visitors from illness.
1224 Marshall Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413
Need directions? View a map.
SUMMER HOURS (June 1–September 1)
Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.; evening and Friday appointments by special arrangement
STANDARD HOURS (September–May)
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.; evening appointments by special arrangement
The library will be closed on the following days in 2023:
- Wednesday, October 4 and Thursday, October 5, 2023 (Minnesota Library Association Conference)
- Thursday, October 12, 2023 (ACC Decked Out Fundraising Event)
- Monday, October 16–Wednesday, November 1 (Staff Sabbatical)
- Thursday, November 23, 2023 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, November 24, 2022 (Day After Thanksgiving)
- December 22–December 31, 2023 (holiday closure)